Tue – Thu: 11:00 – 8:00
Fri – Sat: 11:00 – 9:00
Sunday: 12:00 – 4:00
Closed on major holidays and December 26th
A Little About McKinney Wine Merchant
Opened in April of 2011 – and a significant part of Historic Downtown McKinney’s renaissance about that time – McKinney Wine Merchant has built reputation with quality selections, service and pricing that, today, places it among Texas’ top independent wine shops in terms of volume and customer experience.
Raised in Northern California, nearly-always-present owner Andy Doyle draws upon a 20+ year career in sales roles with numerous wineries, a savant’s knowledge of the business, and a genuine commitment to “connect wine lovers with achievements in winemaking” to curate a stock of labels without compare in Collin County. The inventory and presentation is recognized by visiting wine professionals as the sort of shop found largely on the coasts. As says Doyle, who blind tastes as many as fifty wines per week in his selection process, “I like to think I’m good at finding good wine” and “it’s as much about what’s NOT in the store as what is”.
Aside from maintaining a range of fine and uncommon wines from around the world, priced from $8.99 to $400, McKinney Wine Merchant offers:
- Best-in-Business Special Order service. Looking for that hard-to-find or memorable bottle? If it’s distributed in Texas, we’ll likely locate it for you
- Commitment to listen to and advise even the most novice guests to connect them with the sort of wine they’re looking for at a price they’re comfortable with
- Local delivery in and near McKinney – usually made before or after store hours. $15 fee
- 10% discount on 6+ bottles of in-stock wines mix and match. A few low-balled items excepted
- Wine-of-Month Club (several tiers to choose from) and “Cab & Slab” Steak-and-Wine-of-the-Month Club in partnership with famed local butcher, Local Yocal Farm to Market
- Eloquence, humor, competence and concern uncommon upon the contemporary retail landscape
- Customer parking in the private lot to the rear of the store